OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I'm currently 8 weeks pregnant with my first child. I been…

Customer Question
Hello, I'm currently 8 weeks pregnant...
I'm currently 8 weeks pregnant with my first child. I been having body temperature that rises and sometimes stays and goes. sometimes I get cold and hot at the same time. I was diagnosed with herpes 1 and 2. since last year in November. my last exposure protected sexual with someone else other than my partner now. I tested negative over 5 months for HIV. but I was reading on Cytomegalovirus? I feel very tired but other than that it.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: OB GYN
3/16/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr David, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

you can get testing for CMV but your symptoms don't point to this

you should get blood tests to check your thyroid hormone levels.

abnormal thyroid hormone levels can cause you to feel hot and warm and cold at times.

and can cause fatigue as well.

is that normal to have hot and cold temperature all the time during pregnancy.

for some women it can be normal

but you should still get your thyroid hormone levels checked.

Dr David
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor