OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

For a couple of days now my vaginia has been a little itchy…

Customer Question
Hi so for a...

Hi so for a couple of days now my vaginia has been a little itchy and by the opening of my vaginia it hurts to touch but I don’t think it’s herpes because it’s been like 3 days and I have no bumb. It doesn’t hurt to pee and there is no smell but there is weird discharge

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you dealt with the discharge? Have you experienced this in the past?

Not long but I also have the iud and only had it for months so depending I sometimes get brown discharge for the iud

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last pap test or pelvic exam? Any irregular results from past exams?

A couple months ago and nope not that I know

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: OB GYN
3/16/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Can i ask what is the color of your discharge? Also have you had any unprotected intercourse in the last few weeks?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No I always use a condom and it’s white

Thanks for the additional information, let me just write down an answer for you and ill get back to you in a few mins with a written answer

Actually, from your description, it sounds like that you may have developed a yeast infection, the presence of itching and the white colored discharge is characteristic of a yeast infection. It can sometimes even cause pain in the vagina as well. Usually, a yeast infection can be easily treated with the help of simple OTC products which can be applied directly to the vagina such as Monistat-7. Monistat can be used for a period of 7 days which should help in ridding you of the infection. If the Monistat does not help then you could be started on oral fluconazole which can be taken just once to eliminate the infection.

But I would suggest that you start with the OTC Monistat which should be enough to resolve the problem.

Do you have any more questions?

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!. You can also ask questions from me directly by going to the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can I just ask how would I know if I had herpes if I had herpes wouldn’t I have had gotten bumbs and blisters by now I have had discomfort for the past 3 days

Yes, you would have had blisters or bumps within 2-3 days of experiencing any sort of discomfort in the region. The absence of a rash of any sort does indicate that this is unlikely to be herpes. Also, herpes usually does not cause a white colored discharge.

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor