OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

My boyfriend stated that the tip of his penis get a rash and…

Customer Question
My boyfriend stated that...

My boyfriend stated that the tip of his penis get a rash and is itchy after sex

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?

On and off for 2 months

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I was tested for the HBV virus ten years ago and it was positive but since then it's been negative

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: OB GYN
3/16/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Onlinedoc, Doctor replied 5 months ago
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, Doctor

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
I'm reviewing your question now & will post back with the reply soon.

Please provide some additional information.

What is his age?

Has he tried any medicines?

Pain on tip of penis?

Burning sensation during urination?

Any penile discharge?

Do you have symptoms also?

Foul odor?

Please upload a photo.

Any medical illness of Diabetes?
Thanks.
Waiting for your reply.
I will post back to the reply/answer momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

I don't have a photo. He is 49. No odor or discharge. No butning while peeing. I have not symptoms.
Not sure about family history of diabetes but he doesn't

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.
Thanks for the follow-up.
I understand your concern.
As per your description, it indicates fungal Balanitis.

I would advise you some self-care remedies which you can try.
An application of OTC Hydrocort ointment and Lotrimin ointment on the affected site twice a day.
Take a cool water bath and keep it dry and afterward, apply OTC Zeasorb AF powder.
Take OTC Advil and Allegra.

Wear loose-fitting cotton fabric boxer.
Avoid rough masturbation, popping, scratching, sex for a while.

Maintain a good hydration.

If his symptoms will not show any improvement then see your doctor for a clinical exam.

"I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today!
Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).
We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.