OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

My period is due today and I had a tampon in for two hours…

My period is due today...
My period is due today and I had a tampon in for two hours when removed it had looked pale yellow and had a faint smell of iron
Is this normal before a period is due?
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/16/2018
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

To some degree, a slight iron like smell/metallic smell is not too unusual before having your period. Your blood is made up of iron, hence the metallic smell/iron like smell.

The pale yellow color of tampon is also normal.The yellowish color can come from small amounts of menstrual blood mixing with normal white discharge

Watery yellow discharge is most common right before your period. This is because your vagina is producing more mucus.

So bot***** *****ne is that both pale yellow color of tampon and having a faint smell of iron is normal before periods. Nothing to worry or of concern here.

Please be relaxed.

Thank you

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor