OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Having strong menopause symotoms. I am 51, having heavy

Hi having strong menopause...

Hi having strong menopause symotoms

Doctor's Assistant: How old are you? What symptoms are you having?

I am 51, having heavy period, lay down feeling shaky lightheaded dry mouth wanting to urinate more than usual

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last pap test, and what were the results? Any swelling, discoloration, or unusual smells?

No unusual smells or colours been a while since test.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Crohns disease

3/15/2018
Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

How was your previous menstrual cycle?

How many days are you having the bleeding?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It was over 3 months ago very light
On my 5th day
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Prefer to type because of expense

It is not necessary to call.
It is an automated response.
Some customers want it.
It is website generated.
Please wait, I am writing your answer.

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
It is true that in menopause there can be irregular bleeding in amount or frequency.
As you are feeling shaky, lightheadedness, dry mouth, I think the bleeding is too much.
You need urgent evaluation by doctor in ER.
Bleeding will need to be stopped.

You may need hormone therapy.
If the hemoglobin is too low, then blood transfusion may be necessary.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you

You are always welcome.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you.
If you are happy with my answers please do not forget to leave a 5 star rating before signing out.
Without positive rating I will not get the credit for helping you today.
You can ask question on the topic after rating.
Wish you healthy life.
Warm Regards.

Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor(MD)
Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor(MD)