OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I keep getting this reoccurring small lump/bump in my

Hello. I keep getting...

Hello. I keep getting this reoccurring small lump/bump in my perineum area. It is painful, but doesn’t look like a sore. When I urinate, that are gets extremely painful. What is it?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

The pain remains as long as the lump/bump is there. Bacitracin or triple antibiotic ointment helps the pain tremendously

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Had a partial hysterectomy in 2016

The lump/bump is not on my labia, it is in between the anus and vagina
3/15/2018
Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

Since when are you having the symptom?
How large is it?
Any other past illness?
Did you consult doctor or have any test?
Did you take any medicine?

It happens maybe once every two months. I have no past illnesses and I’m not on any medication. I’ve been checked for all STD’s and I’m negative. I take Tylenol for pain
I’m not calling!

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
This can be an infected follicle.
Bacterial infection can be there.
You can now apply warm moist compress over it.
You can soak a towel or gauze in warm water.
Then you can compress it over the bump.
Sitz bath can be helpful.
This consists of sitting in warm water for 10-15 minutes.
It can be repeated several times.
That would aid in healing.
Antibiotic cream like neosporin can be applied.
It is available OTC.
Neosporin would fight pus producing bacteria.
Those would help in most cases.
If it grows larger, I would advise to get it checked by doctor.
Oral antibiotics or prescription grade ointment can be needed.
For pain, anti inflammatory analgesic like Motrin can help.
Please take it after food.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
If you are happy with my answer please click on the 5 star rating.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Thanks for the response. I was assuming that’s what it was but was unsure. Thanks again! Many blessings to you!

You are always welcome.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you.
If you are happy with my answers please do not forget to leave a 5 star rating before signing out.
Without positive rating I will not get the credit for helping you today.
You can ask question on the topic after rating.
Wish you healthy life.
Warm Regards.

Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor(MD)