OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I've had these bumps on and off for about two months. They…

Customer Question
I've had these bumps on...
I've had these bumps on and off for about two months. They appear in my groin area and upper thighs but not inside my vagina. They don't itch or hurt and go away when I put Neosporin on them. Once I stop with the Neosporin they return. I've been tested for chlamydia and gonorrhea because I was worried and they were both negative .
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: OB GYN
3/14/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Chip, General practice replied 1 month ago
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General practice

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Not herpes or genital warts or any kind of STD there

That's folliculitis--a mild skin infection around hair follicles

The Neosporin is fine for that but after they clear you need to wash the area with Hibiclens cleanser three times a week to prevent it from coming back

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you for your response. What causes this?

Not a sign of a systemic problem

They just happen with some people and the Hibiclens will get rid of the skin bacteria that cause the problem

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General practice