OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I was diagnosed with vagainal prolspe about a month ago and…

Customer Question
I was diagnosed with vagainal...
I was diagnosed with vagainal prolspe about a month ago and i have questions about this and how i should treat my vaginal prolspe and alsoi had a vaginal ultrasound yesterday and they used a big probe in there to check my uterus.i wasnt having a pain up there or discomfort,i was told about a month ago my urterus was the halway mark of being prolasped.i feel the ultrasound probe did some damage somehow to my urterus alothough i know it wasnt intentional.i am unsure what to do
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: OB GYN
3/13/2018
OB GYN Doctor: DocPhilMD, Doctor replied 4 months ago
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

any other medical issues?

are you a ob gyn doctor or just a medical doctor?

I'm an internist

what is a internist?i am sorry to ask you but i was wanting a ob gyn specailist

I'm a specialist of internal medicine

what is that?doe sthat cover ob gyn also?have you worked with ob gyn patients?

Yes, it covers pretty much everything!

i was wanting a specialigist with ob gyn if thats okay.thats what i thought i was getting.is it okay if i cancel my question for now please
dr phil i can ask you the questions if thats okay.i am in severe pain and need to talk you if you are sprcialized enough in this area
can you please reply back to me again
I NEED YOUR hELP DR PHIL MAY I ASK YOU QUESTIONS NOW PLEASE
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN replied 4 months ago
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN
Hello, and thank you for choosing Justanswer about your concern. I’m Ted Manos M.D., board certified obgyn and I can respond shortly.
I can’t imagine that the vaginal ultrasound probe would cause a problem. If it did, the most immediate sign there was a problem is bleeding. If you are in severe pain then you need to be checked by an ER doctor to help you. Although it is extremely rare for the probe to cause a problem, you should be seen in case it has done some damage.