OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I took a clinitest hcg test C and R line positive and T line…

Customer Question
I took a clinitest...

I took a clinitest hcg test C and R line positive and T line there’s nothing. Am I pregnant or not?

Doctor's Assistant: Are you using any contraceptives? When did your last period begin?

No contraceptives and last period was last month on the 3rd

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last pap test, and what were the results? Any swelling, discoloration, or unusual smells?

Last pap was last month nothing abnormal and no swelling, discoloration or smell.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No nothing I can think of

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: OB GYN
3/13/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr Anil Kumar

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience. I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe, there is no line on 'T' then the test result is negative.

If you had a history of unprotected sex between February 15, 2018, to February 19, 2018, and now you had a missed period then there would a chance of pregnancy.

Otherwise, with a negative result, chances of pregnancy are less.

Other possible causes of a missed period may include hormonal imbalance, weight changes,, PCOD, thyroid dysfunction.

So, you should consult your gynecologist and your doctor may advise some form of progesterone to induce a period and further investigations like ultrasound, blood work like Thyroid function test, LH, FSH etc may be advised for further diagnosis and management.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s requested to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

It’s my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.