OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I recently just used Monistat 1 and I have a few questions.

Customer Question
Hi, I recently just...

Hi, I recently just used Monistat 1 and I have a few questions

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No medications and it is too late to see a doctor I noticed tonight that I had a yeast infection So I bought Monistat 1 And now it really burns And i want it out

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing else

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: OB GYN
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello?
3/13/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Dr Anil Kumar

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience. I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is your age?

Do you have a rash, bumps?

Pain?

Itching?

Any other medical history?

Waiting for your response.
Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am 22. I had irritation swollen and redness earlier, which I remember was the same symptoms as past yeast infections. So I bought monistat 1. I inserted it a few hours ago and now it burns. I would like it out as soon as possible
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
hello?

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe, you have an allergic reaction to Monistat.

Now I would recommend some self-care measures like
Do cool water sitz bath with betadine solution twice a day for 5-10 minutes.
And afterward, apply OTC 0.5% hydrocortisone cream twice a day.
Clean the area with DIAL soap and use OTC Abzorb powder afterward.
And keep the area dry and clean.
Wear loose-fitting cotton clothes to prevent friction.
Take OTC Motrin and Claritin for few days.
RepHresh Pro-B probiotic supplement that balances yeast and bacteria to maintain feminine health with just one capsule per day.

Hydrate yourself with plenty of fluids.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s requested to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Would it be possible to use a douche to get it out? If so, how?

Thanks for the follow-up.

I wouldn't recommend douching as it can aggravate your infection.

Try such measures which we have discussed earlier.

Hope this helps.
Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars and avoid poor/bad rating.
A bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How long should it drip out of me for?

You feel relief with such measures within 2 hours.

Hope this helps.
A bonus is highly appreciated.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How long before I can have sex again?

You can resume your sexual activity after a week when you get rid of yeast infection.

If you want to resume your sexual activity soon then use a condom for protection to prevent transmission of yeast infection to your partner.

Hope this helps.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Will the monistat hurt him?

No, Monistat will not hurt him.

Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor