OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

My period this month is much lighter than I’m used to, it’s…

My period this month...

My period this month is much lighter than I’m used to, it’s on and off and I’m really concerned as to why it’s doing that

Doctor's Assistant: Are you using any contraceptives? When did your last period begin?

No and last was feb. 9-18

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last pap test, and what were the results? Any swelling, discoloration, or unusual smells?

I haven’t had one for religious reasons

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not that I know of

3/13/2018
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

What is your age?

Are you taking any pills?

Any history of irregularity in periods?

I’m 22, not on any pills and yes sometimes

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having light bleeding is not a serious issue.Please do not worry.

The most common causes are:stress,being overweight or underweight,imbalance of hormones,polycystic ovarian syndrome/estrogen dominance,uterine abnormalities (fibroids/cysts/polyps/endometriosis).

Stress/anxiety is one of the most common cause that disturbs the female menstrual cycle.

Please stop worrying and be relaxed.

You need to wait & watch for the next 3 cycles.

If the symptoms of light bleeding persists after 3 cycles,then you need to consult to your gyne doctor for tests & examination to know the underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

As of now I advise you to wait & watch.

Please do not worry. There is nothing serious or dangerous about this .

Thank you

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Thank you for your time.

Dear customer

Thank you for the words of appreciation & for using just answer website.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards
Dr.Josh