OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I am bleeding from my vagina, was just engaging in activity…

I am bleeding from...

I am bleeding from my vagina, was just engaging in sexual activity that I normally have with s/o, bleeding never occurred before Not on period

Doctor's Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?

I’m not in pain. My periods have been regular

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I did take one day of birth control at not my regular time (night instead of morning). I’ve also not been eating as much as I usually do

3/13/2018
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

If this is fresh blood and is coming out in the form of clots and soaking a tampon every 4 to 6 hours, painless and not at the time of your period then you need to go to the ER and have this seen. This could be a bleeding polyp in the cervix or the uterus.

If this is just a small amount of blood and can be swabbed or dabbed off the vagina then this is most likely due to vaginal trauma secondary to friction and abrasions. This should subside and is nothing to worry about.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor