OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I took a urine pregnancy test it came out negative check the…

Customer Question
I took a urine pregnancy...
I took a urine pregnancy test it came out negative check the test the next day in the morning there was a faded second line what does that mean
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/13/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Vakul Aren, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr. Vakul Aren

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.This confirms the presence of hCG in urine and is a positive pregnancy test,the hormone hCG is at lower levels,but it is present confirming the pregnancy.You can repeat the test after a few days,or go in for more sensitive tests done at the lab.Your PCP/Gynaecologist will be able to guide you further in regard to this.

What color should the second line be the next day

The early pregnancy will gradually build up more hCG and the second line will be darker in a few days.