OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I am 33 years old, I have no kids, nor have I ever been

Customer Question
Hello, I am 33...

Hello, I am 33 years old, I have no kids, nor have I ever been pregnant, I have always been at a healthy weight and eat fairly healthy. I and have a scar on my cervix that can best be described as a half-moon shape that half circles around the center with 2 smaller dot like scars on the opposite side. I am not sure how long the scars have been there, but it has been causing severe pain for at least 7 years or longer (it’s been so long I’ve lost track). Sex is excruciating and there is always bleeding afterwards even becoming aroused causes shooting pain. I have daily pain which is best described as if I have a piece of glass cutting or scraping across my cervix, I either have sharp pains and/or a stinging sensation as if rubbing alcohol is being poured over an open wound and typically gets more painful throughout the day with more movement and/or any heavy lifting (the worst is after an 8 hour shift on my feet at work with a lot of lifting). It has gotten progressively worse over the years. Wearing tampons and having sex has become unbearable. I had the LEEP procedure done in 2006 due to HPV. None of the 3 doctors I have seen said this scarring was caused by this because I didn’t start having pain till years after the procedure. All 3 doctors said they have never seen anything like this before and the scar looks like abnormal tissue. I did have a biopsy done twice over a 4-year period which showed nothing each time. My 2 previous doctors said the scar could not be the cause of my pain and that it was all in my head, yet my current doctor believes that it defiantly is the cause of my pain said it looked inflamed and perhaps infected and put me on antibiotics which did nothing. I also have a lot of ovary pain, but the ultrasounds came back all normal except for one slightly enlarged ovary, but the doctor said it was not anything to worry about. She has now suggested I have another LEEP procedure done to remove the scar, and if unsuccessful in relieving the pain perhaps a hysterectomy. I am terrified of going through another LEEP procedure as the pain of just getting a pap smear is excruciating. Is it possible that this could be some form of endometriosis or something else entirely?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

No recent injuries

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Other health issues include:
Joint and Muscle Pain
Anxiety
Rashes on legs that come and go
excessive sweating
Fatigue
Headaches
Constant cold hands and feet (even when wearing socks and shoes) unless I'm moving around constantly
Gallbladder removed in 2007
Heartburn/GERD
Excessive bloating and gas
Nausea/Vomiting
Stomach pains and cramps
Alternating diarrhea and constipation
Sensitivity to certain smells and sounds (causes irritability)

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: OB GYN
3/13/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr David, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you hare having such bad cervical pain.

are you planning on having more children?

if not, you may just do better to have the whole cervix and uterus removed.

which could help get rid of the area causing you such bad pain.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks for you help.

do you have other questions?

Dr. C.
Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified