OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a question

Hello, I have a...

Hello, I have a question

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any recent changes to your skin? Do you have frequent infections?

Yes

3/12/2018

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age and gender?

What are your symptoms?

32 male, I have shingles and what looks to be the start of mono or tonsillitis
32 male, I have shingles and what looks to be the start of mono or tonsillitis I

If you are on anti viral medications, your symptoms can be due to that too.

You may need a throat swab, complete blood counts for the evaluation.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

ok I was asking if it may be due to a possible HIV infection, I took the rapid swab test at 7 weeks and it came back negative but I am concerned

Rapid swab test is good and a negative test indicate that you are HIV negative.

You may repeat the test at 3 months.

These symptoms do not indicate HIV.

Low immunity due to HIV occur after years of being HIV positive.

It is privilege assisting you.

Thank you

You are very welcome.

I hope your anxiety is resolved.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.