OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a question

Hello, I have a...

Hello, I have a question

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any recent changes to your skin? Do you have frequent infections?

Yes

3/12/2018

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age and gender?

What are your symptoms?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
32 male, I have shingles and what looks to be the start of mono or tonsillitis
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
32 male, I have shingles and what looks to be the start of mono or tonsillitis I

If you are on anti viral medications, your symptoms can be due to that too.

You may need a throat swab, complete blood counts for the evaluation.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok I was asking if it may be due to a possible HIV infection, I took the rapid swab test at 7 weeks and it came back negative but I am concerned

Rapid swab test is good and a negative test indicate that you are HIV negative.

You may repeat the test at 3 months.

These symptoms do not indicate HIV.

Low immunity due to HIV occur after years of being HIV positive.

It is privilege assisting you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you

You are very welcome.

I hope your anxiety is resolved.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor