OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have had cramps in the abdominal area for the last several…

Customer Question
Hi, I have had...

Hi, I have had cramps in the abdominal area for the last several days, but I haven't had my period. My last period was 8th of February. I have not had sex in any kind whatsoever, or come in contact with semen, so it is impossible for me to be pregnant. Is this just another late period or does this indicate another problem? Last year I've had quite irregular period cycles, but from December to February, I've had regular period cycles

Doctor's Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?

Yes, pain in abdominal area, similar to period cramps. From December 2017 to February 2018, it has been a 30-day cycle consistently. Although, last year, my period cycles are irregular, sometimes faster sometimes late

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had paracetamol overdose last month, but did blood test and everything came out normal.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/12/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having late period can be due to various causes.

The most common causes are:stress,being overweight or underweight,imbalance of hormones,polycystic ovarian syndrome/estrogen dominance,uterine abnormalities (fibroids/cysts/polyps/endometriosis).

Stress/anxiety is one of the most common cause that disturbs the female menstrual cycle.

You need to watch for another 5-7 days & if still you do not get your period,then you need to consult your gyne doctor to have the tests & examination done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

The cramps in the abdominal area you are having for the last several days is likely to be due to pre menstrual syndrome(PMS) & most probably you will get your period in next couple of days.

Please do not worry.

There is nothing serious or dangerous about this.

Thank you

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

May I help you further?

Do you need more help?

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh