OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I am seeing blood on tissue when I wipe after going for wee…

Customer Question
I am seeing blood...

I am seeing blood on tissue when I wipe after going for wee but it doesn't hit the pad. I'm feeling really hot and sweaty menstrual cramps are all there

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

It's never happened before my baby is 6 months old and this is my second period since she was born i am not breastfeeding

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: OB GYN
3/12/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN replied 4 months ago
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN
Hello, and thank you for choosing Justanswer about your concern. I’m Ted Manos M.D., board certified obgyn and I can respond shortly.
When you breast feeding, your ovaries are shut down by the hormone changes of breast feeding. You may get some slight spotting of blood without warning. You will also feel hot just like hot flashes in menopause. All this will get back to normal when you stop breast feeding. I hope my information is helpful and you can rate your satisfaction.
I am not breast feeding i said this in the beginning
I’m sorry for not reading that you’re not breastfeeding. I don’t understand why this is only two periods since having your baby. You might have what we call a functional cyst on one of your ovaries that can give you your symptoms. Have you discussed this situation with your gynecologist? A simple pelvic ultrasound can help your concern. Again, I apologize for misreading your text.