OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I take Larin Fe 1/20 birth control pills. I have been on…

I take Larin Fe 1/20...
I take Larin Fe 1/20 birth control pills. I have been on them since August 2017. I always get my period on Tuesday, which is Day 3 of placebos.I started spotting or possibly my period today, which is Day 1 or placebos. I don't understand what happened. I am going to take new pills starting next week, and want to make sure I am still protected and the switch is seamless.My concern is why spotting or period on day 1 of placebo? This never happened before.Thank you!
I do not take any other meds i.e. antibiotics.
3/11/2018
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

This can be due to slight hormonal changes and can occur normally. Spotting can occur anywhere during placebo period so you are still protected and start your new pills next week. It is nothing much to worry about.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.

Thank you so much! So even though I am starting different pills (Larin Fe made me very anxious) next Sunday and normally would have gotten my period on placebo day three (Tuesday) and def not day one (today), I don’t need another form of BC? It’s a seamless transition even w this weird spotting?

Yes, that is correct.

Please do not forget to click on 5 stars.

Best wishes.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor