OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Dear doctor I've send many times regarding my issue am a…

Dear doctor I've send many times...
Dear doctor
I've send many times regarding my issue am a case of anxiety on medication .. am on iud copper as an contraception and am threatened of pregnancy because am totally not ready .. i had intercourse on 8 of march with condom no ejaculation inside but after that he wash and came to continue having sex .. i was so worried of the precum and that he insert it inside without condom but no ejaculation happens . Basically he was a bit flaccid , any how i was on cd 8 or cd 9 i dont remember i took 4 yasmin pills and after 12 hours another 4 pills i dont know if it will work usually i have early ovulation Today went to my gynecology doctor she told me that my iud in place and i have functional cyst .. i got panicked . Can precum makes me pregnant even with iud
3/11/2018
Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

IUD is protective against pregnancy.
IUD is in proper place as your doctor has examined.

Precum or ejaculation will not make pragnant as you are on IUD.
No need to worry about pregnancy.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
But i read there is a chance of pregnancy even if it was in its right position

It is quite rare.

Moreover, you have taken yasmin.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What will yasmin do if i already ovulated

When did you have last period?

On which day of the cycle did you have sex?

How is your normal cycle?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Every 28 day i was on cd 8 or 9 when i got pregnant with my baby i was on cd 11 i ovulated today on ultrasound dr saw functional cyst in my left ovary
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
am cd 11 today

As you are on IUD, there is remote chance of being pregnant even though you have ovulated.

Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor(MD)
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank u
Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor(MD)