OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I didn't have a period last month.. Now its VERY light &

Customer Question
I didn't have a...

I didn't have a period last month.. Now its VERY light & like a soft bright red color?

Doctor's Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?

I usually skip 1 or 2 months.. & no.. I miscarried3 years ago & never got a DNC & I always feel something moving in my stomach

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

My mother had to have half her cervix removed. & I had clahmedia for two years.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: OB GYN
3/11/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 4 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age?

Were any investigations done for it?

It seems that you have opened another thread.

Following causes should be considered for your symptoms;

1) Vaginitis; infection of the vagina. Usually some form of vaginal discharge accompanies or symptoms like vaginal pain during sex or itching associated.

2) Uterine fibroid

3) Uterine polyps

4) Endocervical polyp

5) Pelvic inflammatory disease

6) Cervicitis (cervix infection)

7) Endometritis; infection of the internal lining of uterus

8) Hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid)

9) Fluctuating hormone levels/

Following can detect/diagnose the cause;

1) A physical examination and speculum examination by the doctor

2) Ultrasound

3) Blood work for the hormones

4) Vaginal swab

5) Pap smear

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.