OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I am on the second week of my cycle I do not have my period…

I am on the...

I am on the second week of my cycle I do not have my period but I had cramps and passed a blood clot , still have cramps but no period what could it be

Doctor's Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?

Very regular and just heavy feeling after the clot passed I went pee again and a small dark gray strands came up then I went again and it looked like purple tissue specs them I have purple mucus discharge now it’s all done but I still have cramps it’s not my period tho because I’m not due and it only happened when I peed

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/11/2018
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

What is your age?

Are you taking any pills?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
23 and birth control I took photos of what happened if you would like to see

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having cramps and passed a blood clot and you are not due for your period can be due to mid cycle spotting/bleeding.

It can be due to various causes.The most common causes are:stress,being overweight or underweight,imbalance of hormones,polycystic ovarian syndrome/estrogen dominance,uterine abnormalities (fibroids/cysts/polyps/endometriosis).

Stress/anxiety is one of the most common cause that disturbs the female menstrual cycle.

Please stop worrying and be relaxed.

It can be due to hormonal imbalance. You can safely wait till next cycle.

No need to get panic.

These blood clots are part of the endometrium or the lining or the uterus which is shed during menstruation.

For relief from cramps-Take tab. Ibuprofen 400mg from the counter. It is available at your pharmacy as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help you greatly.

So I advise you to wait & watch your symptoms as of now.Take above described treatment.

If still after this,the symptoms persists,then you need to make an appointment with your doctor as prescription oral medications will then be required accordingly.Usually & most likely,the symptoms gets subside with these treatment & doctor visit is less likely required.

Thank you

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor