OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I had a procedure to correct pop ppelvic organ prolapse. My…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I had a...
Second opinion] I had a procedure to correct pop ppelvic organ prolapse. My urethra was relocated. Now I have leakage when I cough or laugh. What is available to rectify the leakage? I had a sling attached to my sacral. My urethra was repositioned. Any procedures for the leakage?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: OB GYN
3/11/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN replied 1 month ago
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN
Hello, and thank you for choosing Justanswer about your concern. I’m Ted Manos M.D., board certified obgyn and I can respond shortly.
Your situation is all too familiar to me knowing how difficult and unpredictable correcting pelvic floor problems with surgery can be. Repeat surgery can be attempted and the results shouldn’t be guaranteed. You actually may have success with vaginal pessaries that can stop the leakage but gyn doctors don’t have much experience with them. If you still have your uterus or cervix, then I had patients use a diaphragm used for contraception to hold the urethral angle so the uterine doesn’t
Hit the wrong button. So the urine doesn’t squirt out. You’d have to find a gynecologist who knows something about choices you can try to control the problem. The doctor would have to determine what size diaphragm you’d try. I hope my information helps with this fairly common problem.
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN