OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I’m 38 weeks and two days dilated to 3 and 50% how can I…

Customer Question
I’m 38 weeks and...

I’m 38 weeks and two days dilated to 3 and 50% how can I make things go a bit faster

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last pap smear? Have you ever had an irregular pap?

Right before I was pregnant . I went into hospital this morning because of my contractions and they sent me home because contractions aren’t quite as close as she would like them

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

Yes

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/9/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Edgar Rubio Villegas, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Edgar Rubio Villegas
Hello, I´m Dr. RubioWelcome a JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question.

I am so sorry for the long wait, but I have just now come online and will be happy to help you now

Dear *****ient, in this case some techniques to stimulate the acceleration of childbirth are the following:
Performing squats, lifting and bending with help simulates the posture of childbirth and the physical activity that this generates contributes to greater uterine contractions.
Walking and standing because of gravity helps stimulation at least 3 min.
Take hot baths since the increase in temperature stimulates the secretion of hormones for greater contraction, it can take rates of hot tea that will help raise your body temperature.
Massages in the belly, help and stimulate the uterus in its contractions.
Lie down and bring your legs and knee to your chest by opening your legs.

All these are natural techniques to stimulate dilatation, control your breathing when you do it, try to stay in a room with a warm and silent climate.

If you have any query, please feel free to ask.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you. Thank you!

Regards.

Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas, Doctor