OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Do I need to enter my health insurance to ask a question,

Customer Question
Hi do I need...

Hi do I need to enter my health insurance to ask a question

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Brown spotting instead of my period

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

I don't know

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had a ectopic pregnancy once about 8 years ago. I'm 43 yrs old and had two healthy natural deliveries 12 and 14 years ago

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: OB GYN
3/9/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Edgar Rubio Villegas, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome a JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question.

Please could you indicate the following information?

Do you suffer from any illness?

Is this the first time this happens?
Have you been under stress or anxiety?

Have you taken any medication?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No Illness
Yes first time
some stress
I take only asthma medication no birth control

Dear *****ient, in this case the brown spotting during the period has several causes.
The first cause is due to hormonal alterations due to stress and anxiety that modify the female hormonal pattern by altering the type of bleeding during her period.
Another cause of can originate by hormonal alterations since with the years the feminine hormonal load diminishes.
Genital infections such as chlamydia can alter the mentrual cycle with this brown bleeding.
Alterations of the endometrium can also endometriosis are associated with this type of bleeding.
I consider that in your case it may be due to stress but you should have a gynecological examination to rule out these conditions, in addition to a hormonal profile.

If you have any query, please feel free to ask.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you. Thank you!

Regards.

Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas, Doctor