OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I went for my 12 week ultrasound today (my 1st ultrasound)

Customer Question
Hi, I went for...

Hi, I went for my 12 week ultrasound today (my 1st ultrasound) and the tech said I showed that i was 6 weeks. is that possible? or could the baby have stopped growing at 6wks and i’m having a miscarriage? I’ve had no s/s of a miscarriage but I read online that it could be possible w/o signs. also, since i’ve left the appt., i’ve been having brown/dark red discharge and cramping, is that normal?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?

Well the discharge and cramping started today after I left the ultrasound.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No, maybe that this is my first pregnancy and i’m 20.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: OB GYN
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/8/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. J, Board Certified OB/GYN replied 4 months ago
Dr. J
Dr. J, Board Certified OB/GYN

Hi there. Board-certified obgyn here.

This sounds extremely frustrating. May I ask what the first day of your last period was?

december 14

Thank you.

Were you able to see the fetus today? Was there a heartbeat?

the tech didn’t say anything she just kept saying it was “too early to tell”

Ah OK. Are you going back in for another ultrasound, or going in to talk to the doc any time soon?