OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have an issue with my left breast for years now. I have an…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl. I have...

Hi Pearl. I have an issue with my left breast for years now. I have an ongoing itch which feels like it’s inside my milk duct. I have tried so many creams for thrush and dermatitis however as my skin (nipple) appears totally fine they have done nothing to help. I have had a ultrasound and everything is normal. I have tried various natural oils which have also not helped. I have taken oral fungal medicine and anti hastimine tablets. I am now at the point where I have caused damage in my chest muscles as I am continuously wiggling my shoulder to allow my nipple to be ‘itched’ without touching it. I have no other solutions. Please help!

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Not that I know of. I have been taking Nexium for the last 10 months or so but this problem has been going on for yesrs

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have a hiatus hernia but that is all.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: OB GYN
3/8/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 5 months ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Do you have any rash at all ? Any lump or change in appearance of your breast? Any difference in size ?

Do you have history of any allergic conditions like asthma or runny nose / rhinitis ?

No there are no rashes or lumps or changes on my nipple. I do suffer from sinusitis.
No call thank you.

It could be due to pinching of nerve in the area . Constant tingling especially localized to one specific part of the body could be a result of that. You can try medications that help with nerve symptoms like pregabalin or gabapentin. You may also add in vitamin B12 supplements . Both would help with your symptoms.

Let me know if you have any more queries