OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I am 39 years old 3 months back In had myomectomy about it…

Hello, I am 39...

Hello, I am 39 years old 3 months back In had myomectomy about it is all well I am feeling pain in right breast, right shoulder right head and neck it goes till hand. Had breast ultrasound is all clean my Dr said. This pain happened today again after few days of doing yoga...?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

No injuries though

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have wisdom tooth impacted recently but it doesn't pain much when I touch it.

3/8/2018
Dr Anil Kumar

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience. I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is your age?

Do you have tenderness, stiffness?

Is pain continuous or intermittent?

Are you taking any medications?

Dizziness?

Waiting for your response.
Thanks

Hello
I am 39 years old.
3 month post Myomectomy.
Tenderness and no stiffness. Just feel my whole right side body is different .
M2 Tone syrup and Primrosa Meds 1mg.
Dizziness rarely.

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe, it sounds myofascial trigger points or muscle strain.

You should do gentle massage with muscle relaxant ointment and apply warm compresses on the affected areas.

Also, take OTC Motrin alternately with Tylenol every 4-6 hourly.

You should take proper rest.

Hydrate yourself with Gatorade.

You should start potassium and magnesium-rich supplement.

You should avoid any physically strenuous activity for a while.

Monitor your blood pressure also.

If your symptoms will persist then see your doctor for further evaluation and management.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s requested to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

With you explained a muscle strain, is it possible to have numbness in right arm? My surgery was long for 10 hours on anesthesia and too much blood loss. After second day of my surgery I found big sore on right side of head and loss of hair now they are coming back. Last time my BP was a bit high my Doc said. Just wanted to let you know all details.
Can muscle sprain lead to pain in right side of head and ear? Or it could be wisdom tooth?Can I continue doing yoga or stop for while?Thanks

Thanks for the follow-up.

If you have associated numbness so other possible cause may include Cervical spondylosis( Nerve irritation at cervical spine).

I would recommend monitoring your blood pressure again if possible.

As untreated high blood pressure can cause a headache, numbness also.

You should avoid yoga for a while.

And a pain in the ear can be associated with wisdom tooth also.

Initially, take OTC Motrin and other such measures as we have discussed earlier.

If your symptoms are getting worse then see a doctor in an emergency room ASAP.

Thank you. I will do so.

I wish for your good health.
Please do not forget to leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars if you are satisfied with our conversation. A bonus is highly appreciated.
We can continue our conversation even after you provide a rating.
Kind Regards
Dr.Anil

Dr Anil Kumar
OTC Motrin alternately with Tylenol every 4-6 hourly
Can you explain what medicines are these in India and how must i take them?

Motrin is Ibuprofen.

Tylenol is acetaminophen.

You can take 400-600 mg of Ibuprofen every 6 hourly.

Acetaminophen 500 mg every 8 hourly.

Take Over the counter Rabeprazole 40 mg also.

Hope this helps.

When I must take Rabeprazole?

You take Rabeprazole empty stomach before breakfast once a day.