OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

My mom lifted something heavy today and now she bleeding…

Customer Question
My mom lifted something...

My mom lifted something heavy today and now she bleeding vaginally.it stopped now

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last pap smear? Have you ever had an irregular pap?

She hasent been to on gun since 1985 she's 73

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

She has 5 hernias in stomach

Doctor's Assistant: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?

This happened twice

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: OB GYN
3/8/2018
OB GYN Doctor: medicaldoctor, Doctor replied 4 months ago
medicaldoctor

Hello and welcome to Justanswer,I shall be consulting you today.

Bleeding vaginally after lifting something heavy can be due to a number of reasons.

In her age it is most likely that she had some degree of vaginal prolapse than can happen with heavy lifting as this exerts pressure on the vagina.

Vaginal prolapse is a condition in which structures such as the uterus, rectum, bladder, urethra, small bowel, or the vagina itself may begin to prolapse, or fall out of their normal positions.It is common in elderly women and bleeding vaginally after lifting something heavy is a typical presentation of vaginal prolapse.

She needs to visit her doctor for an examination and an ultrasound.

Since she is not bleeding at the moment so she can make an appointment with her doctor.

I hope this answers your question.

Let me know if you have any questions

And also please do leave a positive 5 star rating by simply clicking on the stars on top left or bottom corner of this thread.

You are not charged for rating positively.
Thank you.

A couple days.last week she had a uti and also shown blood.

UTI can also cause bleeding.

But today bleeding started after she lifted something heavy so this bleeding is not UTI related,it is due to some degree of prolapse

Let me know if you have more questions.

Kindly do take a moment to click on the stars to rate this positively with 5 stars.

I'll be here for any follow up questions.

Thank you