OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I was just disconnexted from a doctors assistant but I feel…

Customer Question
OK I was just...

OK I was just disconnexted from a doctors assistant but I feel you can help. I was diagnosed by my gynologists with abnormal cell growth in my uterus and he wants me to have an operation but he told me there was not rush. My brother a retired surgon wants me to have the operation immediately. What do you think??

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No meidications I akm supposed to consult a Gyncologic Oncology Group

Doctor's Assistant: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?

No my gyncolocist keeps the record I had some bleeding after Christmas and again in February which 75 year old Grandmas are not supposed to have, But I feel fine and thought I could have the surgery in June

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

My gynocologist has very accurate records. I am 75 but I am very active and my Fathers side of the family does have a lot of cancer

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: OB GYN
3/7/2018
OB GYN Doctor: medicaldoctor, Doctor replied 3 months ago
medicaldoctor

Hello and welcome to Justanswer,I shall be consulting you today.

So timing of the surgery depends on the degree of abnormality.If it is mild abnormalilty then surgery can be delayed but if there is moderate to severe abnormality,then surgery should be done as soon as possible.

But the sooner you have the surgery the better would be the results.

Since you do have a family history of cancer,so in my opinion you should not delay the surgery.

The surgery would be more successful if it is done earlier because in some cases the abnormal cell growth can spread and can get worse to the point where surgery can't be done or is not that effective.

It is always best to have these abnormal growths removed as soon as possible.

Let me know if you have any questions.

And also please do leave a positive 5 star rating by simply clicking on the stars on top left or bottom corner of this thread.

You are not charged for rating positively and I will be here for any follow up questions.
Thank you.

Best wishes