OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I was wondering how often discharge is going to smell if you…

Customer Question
Hello,I was wondering how often...
Hello,I was wondering how often discharge is going to smell if you have chlaymida or ghonneria.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: OB GYN
3/7/2018
OB GYN Doctor: medicaldoctor, Doctor replied 1 month ago
medicaldoctor

Hello and welcome to Justanswer,I shall be consulting you today.

The discharge may or may not smell in gonorrhea or chlamydia.

Foul smelling discharge can be due to Bacterial vaginosis or trichomonas infection.

It is odorless in case of yeast infection.

The only way to differentiate between these is to have a swab test of the discharge

Please do let me know if you have any questions

So if you are having a discharge I would suggest you to get tested as if there is an infection it can be easily treated with antibiotics and if delayed then it can get worse..

Let me know if you any questions.

And also please do leave a positive 5 star rating by simply clicking on the stars on top left or bottom corner of this thread.

You are not charged for rating positively.
Thank you.

medicaldoctor
medicaldoctor
medicaldoctor, Doctor