OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I would like to identify an illness based on my symptoms.

Hello, I would like...

Hello, I would like to identify an illness based on my symptoms

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I'm not taking any medication and I haven't spoken to my doctor yet

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing besides that I'm sexually active

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/7/2018
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General practice

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

What are your symptoms please?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have an itchy rash on my labia minora, It isn't red but the same color as my skin. I've noticed that I feel a slight pain when inserting a tampon and discomfort while walking. Sometimes there's a slight sharp pain while I sit
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Also a bit of tingling, but there is no abnormal discharge

Why do you call it a rash if it's skin colored?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
there are very tiny raised bumps surrounding the edge of my labia minora

Could you please post a photo of that for me on this page?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
sure, give me a moment

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
this
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It actually stings a bit when I urinate
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no, I feel most comfortable through online discussion thank you

Got it thanks

Definitely not herpes or genital warts there

Those are called milia--small benign vaginal gland cysts

But they wouldn't be causing your symptoms

The rest sounds like a yeast infection even if you don't have much in the way of discharge

But it's also possible it's a bacterial vaginosis infection

For now you can try oral probiotics and over the counter Monistat or Lamisil but if that doesn't clear it you need to see your doctor for an exam and a culture

Please let me know if you need any more information

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General practice
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you so much! I really appreciate your help
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General practice