OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I just got cured from a yeast infection. Then I was doing…

Customer Question
hi I just got cured...
hi I just got cured from a yeast infection. Then I was doing hydrogen peroxide wash and then I got perenial tears so those healed and now my skin around it looks weird. It sometimes itches and I have a little tear. I attached a photo of the skin.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/7/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 1 month ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

Has this skin change been there ever since the yeast infection was cured? Is there any pain in the area and has the area of skin change been expanding or staying the same in size?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ever since the yeast I never had that before. I was using neosporin for the tears and the skin stayed the same in size
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If the skin is stretched it feels
Like a burning feeling but when left alone no pain

The skin appears to be still slightly inflamed. It's too early to tell if there is something else going on such as irritation because this is often how the skin behaves after a fungal infection. Give it another 2-3 weeks and it should improve a lot. Avoiding any topical creams other than a moisturizer would be a good idea so that we can get a better sense of how it is progressing.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What type of moisturizer should I use ?

I prefer something mild such as cetaphil but you can do something natural such as shea butter or virgin coconut oil.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay thank you!

Glad I could help.

Feel free to upload another image in the future by coming back to this post and I can give you an impression of how things are doing.

Otherwise I hope I provided you with a 5-star service.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay I definitely will
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have a yeast infection again could this be the cause of why the skin is like that ?

Sure. If the yeast infection is still present then it could certainly cause changes in the skin.

Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD