OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

My 16 year old daughter has started taking Trinessa 3 weeks…

Customer Question
My 16 year old...

My 16 year old daughter has started taking Trinessa 3 weeks ago for acne. in the last 3 weeks she has had a few boyfriend and friend issues and seems extremely emotional, hours of crying, etc. this is way over the top even for her. I'm wondering if the Trinessa may be at the root of this?

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last pap smear? Have you ever had an irregular pap?

No. She is going for her first ob/gyn apt in a couple weeks.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: OB GYN
3/7/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 5 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Yes, this can be the cause as one of the side effects of the drug is depression or difficult coping stress as hormones are involved. I would suggest to discuss this with her gynecologist as she would change the pill.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you

Please let me know if you have followup questions.