OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I missed my period 2 months back and the result was

I missed my period...

I missed my period 2 months back and the result was negative.. so my GYN asked me to take meprate 10mg and i got my periods

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

Yes

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Now again i missed my period. also im trying to get pregnant .. does this affect my pregnancy?

3/7/2018

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thanks. also my GYN suggested to take Duphaston 10mg tablet .. will that help me with getting pregnant soon

Meprate and Duphaston do not affect the chance of pregnancy.

But since you have missed the period; you may need a complete hormonal evaluation to ascertain the cause.

A small underlying hormonal issue may be responsible for your missing the period. So you may get LH, FSH, prolactin, thyroid function tests.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i have already taken all the functional test .. everything looks good ...so if i take meprate again does it lessen the chance for pregnancy?Also taking duphaston with irregular periods is ok? will it help in conceiving faster?

Meprate and Duphaston are both progesterone and do not affect the chance of pregnancy / conceiving.

Do not worry.

It is privilege assisting you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thanks for your patience.I missed my periods last month also.. its been 70 days.. when i tested at home .. it gave negative result.
So can i take meprate and get my periods and then start taking duphaston ? is this advisable?

You are most welcome.

Yes, it is advised.

An absence of period may not produce ovulation.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
any other advice to get periods immediately ?

Anxiety can cause period delay and is one of the commonest cause.

Relaxation brings the body hormone to optimum and normal. That brings the period cycle and ovulation to normalcy.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thanks

You are very welcome.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
HI Dr.Arun..
i have completed my meprate dose for 5 days and its been 74 days since i missed my period.
Now i have symptoms of fatigue and vomitting sensation in the morning and loose stools sometimes .
Also im having sleepless nights.Are these due to meprate?

I am sorry for the delay. I did not receive the email for your present replay. I apologize for your wait.

Your present symptoms can be due to meprate which remain in the system for 2-3 days.

But your symptoms can also be due to (or contributed by) hormonal changes in the body which may have caused the missed period.

It is privilege assisting you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
these symptoms dont infer pregnancy ? im afraid meprate could cause ill since im trying to get pregnant

Diagnosis of pregnancy just by symptoms is neither recommended nor possible. It is by pregnancy test.

Meprate would not cause any issue, as we had discussed earlier too.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok thanks

Welcome.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor