OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I just got cured from a yeast infection and then I got

Customer Question
perenial tears that went away...
I just got cured from a yeast infection and then I got perenial tears that went away now my skin is dried and somewhat itchy.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: OB GYN
3/6/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Edgar Rubio Villegas, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome a JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

What medication did you indicate?
For how long do I take it?

The area that is dry is near my perenial what is it I have included a photo
It itches
I was applying neosporin on the cuts

please, allow me a moment while I write your answer.

I appreciate the waiting time.

Dear *****ient, in this case Neosporin is very aggressive for the genital area for this reason even the perianal area has been susceptible and dry.

You should not be alarmed, you should allow the lesion to improve slowly, but for this I suggest placing topical Hydrocortisone cream every 12 hours for 5 days, besides that do not use conventional soaps since they are very abrasive, I suggest vaginal or glycerin soaps, I suggest you wear not very tight clothes and cotton to allow area ventilation.

This lesion you present is not infected but irritated by the effect of the infection and the cream with antibiotic.

I remain attentive if you have any further questions, if you do not have any I hope this information is useful., we would appreciate remember your evaluation of the answer by clicking on 5 stars rating at the top of the screen. Thank you!

Regards.

okay thank you I was scared it was herpes

It does not look like herpes, but if the symptoms do not improve in a week, I suggest you go to a consultation.

we would appreciate remember your evaluation of the answer by clicking on 5 stars rating at the top of the screen. Thank you!