OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Why did i bleed alot after sex? im 39 it hurt in my stomach…

why did i bleed alot...
why did i bleed alot after sex? im
39 it hurt in my stomach when having sex and a bleed quiet lot afterwards
3/3/2018
doctor_charles

Hi there,
I am Dr. Charles- it is my pleasure to assist you today.
Please give me a minute to review your question and type up an answer.

Thank you

Kind Regards

Dr.Charles

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

I am sorry for the delay in answering.

Bleeding after sex can be due to number of causes like cervical dysplasia,infections like chlamydia,gonorrhea,trichomoniasis,vaginal yeast infection.

Other causes are:vaginitis or cervicitis,cervical polyps,uterine polyps,endometritis.Post-coital bleeding or vaginal bleeding after sex should not be ignored & definitely be checked by your doctor.

So I advice you to consult your gynecologist for the clinical examination to find out the root cause of bleeding after sex & then take the treatment accordingly.

Please do not worry. The proper treatment according to the cause will cure your symptoms completely.

Thank you

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work.

Kind Regards

Dr.Charles

doctor_charles