OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I just notices a rather large sore on the bottom middle part…

Hi, I just notices...

Hi, I just notices a rather large sore on the bottom middle part of the very opening of my vagina, I had rough sex last night that was painful at a couple of points so I’m wondering if this could have been caused by that?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

I noticed a little bit of pain after sex/ in the morning and its been constant through out the day. It also feels like I’m just sore down there in general

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I just had a screening for STIs with all negative results, but I was positive for a yeast infection for which I was given a prescription medication for. They did not test for herpes, but the doctor did look down there and said that because I had never had any symptoms she didn’t think it was necessary to test

2/26/2018
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

yes, rough sex can cause rubbing and friction burns on the bottom of the vagina which can cause a large sore.

you need to avoid sex until it heals up

you may have needed some more water based lubricants to help take away friction burn.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thank you!

you are welcome

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr David
Dr David, Doctor
Dr David
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor