OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a qustion regarding STD and contracting it. Enbrol.

I have a qustion...

I have a qustion regarding STD and contracting it

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Yes. enbrol

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No I just need to ask a very specific questions about STD info

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
2/17/2018
medicaldoctor

Hello and welcome to Justanswer,I shall be consulting you today.

How can I help you regarding this?

Okay so I went to see my Gyno in Dec and he said I contracted Syphilis. Well...Ive been dating my boyfriend since September and he said he was negative on his testings. They found the syhilis through pap smear. I dont undersatnd how he didnt get it and now its caused a big issues in our relationship. Is it possible that it oculd be a false positive OR that maybe he just didnt get it for whatever reason?? I did not sleep with any other guy

I'm sorry I won't be able to attend a phone call at the moment.

We can continue here on chat.

I'll respond to your question in a moment.

YES it is still possible that he is negative for syphilis even if you have it,it does not mean that he would also contract it.

May I know which test did he have for syphilis?

medicaldoctor
Phone call session started
it was through a blood test. He said he asked a lot of medical doctors how it was possible that he didnt get it and they said well unless she cheated on you theres no chance that you would have not gotten it. All i know is that he had a blood test
For me....they found it in a pap smear

Well there are different blood tests for syphilis.Most blood tests detect antibodies against the bacteria and are very accurate so if the test was negative and he does not have any lesion, it seems that he does not have syphilis.

Pap smears are not specific for syphilis.

To make things more clear I would suggest you to have a blood test for syphilis because antibodies to syphilis remain in blood even after treatment.The most specific blood test for confirming syphilis is the Fluorescent Treponemal antibody absorption (FTA-ABS) test.

I gave you the wrong diagnosis I didnt have Syphilis I had chlymydea which is very different agh. So if I’ve bern with a guy for 3 months how likely is he to contract that? He was negative