OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I work in a store. We have this one hiv positive regular…

Hi! I work in...

Hi! I work in a store. We have this one hiv positive regular customer who has been off the meds for quite sometime. She borrowed our restroom key and used our restroom. we don't discriminate, and we always let her do it. But today several hours after she used it, I noticed there was a really small blood stain on the keychain. It looked dry. I have also used the restroom before I noticed the stain. Should I be worried because I have touched my private part with the same hand that handled the keychain. usually I wouldn't worry, but now I am starting a family, health has became a concern for me. thank you for your time

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

I have been ok. A bit stressed with work and life

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No. I have been fairly health most of the time

2/16/2018
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

No,there is nothing to worry about transmission of HIV here.

HIV is transmitted only when there is direct blood to blood contact.

Even though you have used the restroom before you noticed the stain-this cannot transmit HIV virus.

Even if you have touched your private part with the same hand that handled the keychain. The blood strain on key chain was dry. HIV virus is fragile by nature and is also extremely sensitive outside the body to even small fluctuations in temperature and the presence of oxygen.

Practically,HIV virus cannot survive outside human body.

So bot***** *****ne is that this cannot transmit HIV virus.

There is nothing to worry or of concern here.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Thank you for the fast reply. This has really cleared my irrational fear. I was never worried about things like this when I was younger. I guess being grown up and worry about getting family infected with something really did a number on my mental health. Thank you very much

Yes,there does not seem to be any chance of HIV transmission this way.

Thank you for the words of appreciation & for using just answer website.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards
Dr.Josh