OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I’ve been lightly bleeding since December. No cramps and no…

Customer Question
I’ve been lightly bleeding since...
I’ve been lightly bleeding since December. No cramps and no other symptoms. Always had an irregular period. Blood clots (small) in toilet bit mostly only blood when wipe. Scared I have cancer. 32 years old. No children
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/13/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having lightly bleeding since december & history of irregular periods can be due to various causes.

The most common causes are:stress,being overweight or underweight,imbalance of hormones,polycystic ovarian syndrome/estrogen dominance,uterine abnormalities (fibroids/cysts/polyps/endometriosis).

Stress/anxiety is one of the most common cause that disturbs the female menstrual cycle.

You need clinical examination,testing for thyroid function and other hormone levels. A pelvic exam is required to rule out any uterine abnormality, a cervical polyp or fibroid, or a uterine infection.Also you need an ultrasound to evaluate the uterus, the ovaries and the fallopian tubes.

There does not seem to be anything serious or dangerous here. This is not due to cancer. Please do not worry about that.

So I advice you to make an appointment with your gynecologist for the clinical examination & tests to find out the root cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

This helps but when I was nervous about this a couple months ago you gave me the same exact response which worries me. Makes me feel like you don’t really care and I shouldn’t of paid for this again.

Dear customer

As you are bleeding (even though it is light)- the probable causes will remain the same.

The tests & examination you required will be the same.

So as you asked few months ago & now- the answer will be almost same.

Normally menstrual period generally lasts from 2-7 days. You are having prolonged period. This is not serious or dangerous but is of concern as explained above.,

Thank you.

And please don't forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today,

we only get after positive feedback.Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Again,I advise you to please consult your gynecologist of these tests & examination & accordingly treatment will be done.

These blood clots are part of the endometrium or the lining or the uterus which is shed during menstruation.

Ultrasound is the best test to diagnose your condition.

So please consult your gynecologist and ultrasound & other tests will be done & hence the treatment accordingly.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh