OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I get extremely painful PMS and menstrual cramps. I start…

I get extremely painful PMS...
I get extremely painful PMS and menstrual cramps. I start taking aleive before the start of my cycle. My concern is that I am taking too much (sometimes around 2200mg's in a 24hour period). I know the instructions state not to take more than three but the pain is usually to much to bear if I don't take 8-10 220mg pills (i.e. I had to skip school because of the pain). I know I have PCOS and I am managing my weight. Is this too much medication (to the point of mild nausea) or is there perhaps something I am missing? Thank you!
2/5/2018

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Aleve should not be taken more than 1000-1250 mg per day.

You are exceeding it.

You need to take alternate Aleve and Tylenol every 4 hours for your pain.

If this does not relieve it; you would need prescription pain reliever.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Ok. I appreciate it!
It is privilege assisting you. Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating. The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hlStay blessed.