OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

IS this a skin tag or a wart and I would prefer a response…

IS this a skin tag...
IS this a skin tag or a wart and I would prefer a response from a female expert .
1/20/2018
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Can I help?

Please respond to my question
Why is it taking so long to respond
Female expert please
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor

is it hard?

it looks like a pimple or blocked gland.

how long have you had it?

It’s soft and I’m not sure how long I’v had it I noticed it a week ago
Why would I have a pimple or blocked gland there

because you have many glands that lead to your vaginal openning.

most warts are hard.

skin tags tend to be softer.

fordyce spots are softer

excessive sweating, sexual activity, tight clothing, nylon clothing can cause more sweating and blocked pores.

it is not a wart?

it doesn't look like a typical genital wart.

more likely is a fordyce spot or from a blocked vaginal duct

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Well I got it tested for herpes in November and the test was negative I went back again last week and I’ll get results on tuesday it’s likely going to be negative again so what do I do about it

that is good your herpes is negative

you can use a loofah sponge and exfoliating soap on the area

I would not worry

you can try warm compresses on the area

I bet it will go away in 3-6 months.

What tests are done for herpes? I’m in Canada and the doctor said they do not test for herpes with blood only with a swab because blood will always come back positive?
what is that I had it about 2 months back . It was very painful but then it just disappeared on its own

blood tests for IgG and IgM antibodies are use to check if you have herpes virus in your body

also skin cultures can be done to look for herpes in the vulvar area

but these tests can be expensive

many patients have herpes type 1 virus in their body already which can cause oral cold sores and fever blisters

herpes ulcers on the genitals are very painful

and come out when your immune system is weakened.

but the bump you have now isn't painful so most likely not herpes.

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

I do have another question please
Yesterday I noticed I had a really big blood clot from my period. I would post a picture but it is just too much. It was like half the size of a piece of steak. And I know I’m wondering why because blood clots are normal but why was it so big
I’m going to see my gynecologist on the 29th and that’s why I took a picture for her so that she can see but since you’re also an expert why did I have a large one . What could be the reasons

the clot came from the utuers

it is normal to come out

lining of the uterus cleans itself this way

THe herpes test came back negative so what could have caused the bump? ANd it looks like it’s dissaapering now

like I said before, most likely a blocked vaginal gland or skin cyst.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Vcould it be HPV

no, it doesnt' look like a genital wart from HPV

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
WHat would hpv wart look like

hard, raised like a small cauliflower

Dr David
Dr David, Doctor
Dr David
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor