OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have been hurting under my right armpit and it goes all…

I have been hurting...

I have been hurting under my right armpit and it goes all the way down to my fingers. When it gets to my fingers they start tingling.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

A couple weeks. I haven't paid attention to what makes it better or worse. I have been to 4 doctors this week and they have given me an exam checking my armpit and my breast and they have all told me they don't feel anything abnormal.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

My grandma is the only one that has been diagnosed with breast cancer at 63.

1/20/2018
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

how old are you?

did you get a chest xray or chest CT scan?

you could have a pinched nerve in your arm pit or lung apex area.

I am 30 years old. I had a chest x ray and it was normal. I have a reversed cervical lordosis. I also have anxiety and depression. I lost my husband 2 years ago to cancer and it just really scares me.
I have also had all kinds of test done with heart as well.
My doctor has also done blood work including a CBC and all my numbers were normal.

I see.

I am sorry you have bad anxiety and depression symptoms

this can magnify symptoms and make you worried

increased exercise, stretching, yoga could help you improve range of motion and help take away this pain and tingling

yoga and exercise are good to help decrease anxiety and depression as well.

If my lymph nodes were swollen would the doctors be able to feel it?

yes, your doctors would be able to feel them if you had enlarged lymph nodes

are you able to do exercise and do yoga?

I have 2 workout machines and yoga videos.
I am just scared of getting breast cancer since my grandma had it.

don't be scared to getting breast cancer

focus on exercise and eating healthier

and cutting out carbs out of your diet.

no near term worries.

pulse ox is ok

you should talk to your doctor about medication treatment which could help your anxiety and depression symptoms

medications like paroxetine, fluoxetine can help decrease anxiety and depression symptoms.

I am on effexor and Klonopin.
I have an app on my phone that I keep track of my periods and I noticed last month I was 5 days earlier do you think this has anything to do with it.

bad anxiety symptoms can cause your periods to be a bit irregular

your periods would not have anything to do with your arm pains.

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr David
Dr David, Doctor