OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I just started my period this morning, and i really need it…

Customer Question
I just started my...

I just started my period this morning, and i really need it to either end like tomorrow or just delay it

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

Yes

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/18/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr Anil Kumar

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

I understand your concern.

As such once periods start it is very difficult to stop it midway.

It is possible to reduce bleeding with high doses of ibuprofen but it may not be able to stop the bleeding completely.It reduce menstrual bleeding by decreasing the production of substances called prostaglandins.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor