OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I had unprotected sex on Jan 1st It was the day I was

I had unprotected sex on...
I had unprotected sex on Jan 1st
It was the day I was ovulating
I took the day after pill on Jan 1st and started Nuvaring that day
I was expecting my period on Jan 12th
I've been having cramping, dizziness, nausea, breast tenderness, fullness in my breasts, since Jan 13th,but no period.
I took a pregnancy test yesterday and it came back negative
Is there a reason I have still haven't gotten my period
Could I be pregnant
1/17/2018
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Okay thank you!

Pregnancy is always a chance as you had unprotected sex around the time of ovulation but since your test is negative it can be due to plan B as well which can delay your period and can cause symptoms like yours which are also common during pregnancy. Only time can confirm the exact situation so wait for another 3 to 4 days and repeat your test.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Okay so basically as of now it's unknown until I test again?
Slash how likely is it? Do people get pregnant even with plan b

Thanks for the reply.

There is no 100 percent effective method of contraception but chances gets very low with plan B.