OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Why do I keep getting yeast infections? I have all cotton…

Why do I keep getting...
Why do I keep getting yeast infections? I have all cotton underwear, don't wear restricting clothing, choose to often go without any bottoms at all because I work from home. I've probably gotten 7 or 8 within the past year with flare ups of BV as well and I don't know how to make it stop.
1/17/2018
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

Following is recommended for you to prevent yeast infections:

• Probiotics are one of the most important parts of a Candida albicans/yeast infection cure..There are many brands of probiotics easily available as over the counter at your pharmacy.

• · Keep you genital area clean & dry .

· Remove wet, sweaty bottom clothing as soon as possible.

· Always wipe yourself from front to back after experiencing a bowel movement to prevent fecal matter from coming into contact with your vagina, which can cause a bacterial infection.

· Avoid perfumed soaps, gels and antiseptics as these can affect the healthy balance of bacteria and pH levels in the vagina and cause irritation.

• Protect your vagina against the infections by using a condom every time you have sex.

Also get check your blood sugar level. Limit your sugar intake.

All these will help you greatly to prevent yeast infections & BV infections.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor