OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I am 29 years old and am 33 weeks pregnant. The pregnancy…

Hi, I am 29 years...
Hi, I am 29 years old and am 33 weeks pregnant. The pregnancy has been normal so far and low risk. I have noticed that my left nipple is more sensitive than the right for the past two weeks. I occasionally find a little white crust on both of them, but more on the left. Is this something to be concerned about because it is not the same on both sides?
Is anybody there?
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/17/2018
Dr.Das
Dr.Das, Doctor

Welcome and thank you for your question.

I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Thank you for your patience.

It is normal for the sensitivity of the nipples to vary over the duration of pregnancy. One nipple may be more sensitive than the other at any time in pregnancy.

The white crust is likely to be due to colostrum secretion - it is also normal for one nipple to secrete more colostrum than the other.

Your symptoms are normal and is not a matter of concern.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here till you are satisfied. Simply use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you.

Dr.Das
Dr.Das, Doctor
Dr.Das
Dr.Das
Dr.Das, Doctor