OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I had some itching in the vaginal area with some discharge…

Hello, I had some...

Hello, I had some itching in the vaginal area with some white discharge so I went to the urgent care and they prescribed me fluconazole, I took it and the symptoms have actually gotten worse , I got a thick yellowish green discharge with a lot of discomfort and swelling in the vaginal area. What can this be?

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

No, it started today

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I was tested for STD s 2 months ago and. Everything was negative

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/15/2018
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Okay

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having itching,thick yellowish green discharge with a lot of discomfort and swelling in the vaginal area seems to be due to infection called bacterial vaginosis.It is caused by a combination of multiple bacteria.It is the most common vaginal infection.

Fluconazole does not treat bacterial infection.

It is treatable with antibiotics prescribed by a health care provider.

Also you need to do following to maintain good genital hygiene:

· Keep you genital area clean & dry .

· Remove wet, sweaty bottom clothing as soon as possible.

· Always wipe yourself from front to back after experiencing a bowel movement to prevent fecal matter from coming into contact with your vagina, which can cause a bacterial infection.

· Avoid perfumed soaps, gels and antiseptics as these can affect the healthy balance of bacteria and pH levels in the vagina and cause irritation.

So my best advise for you is to please make an appointment with your gynecologist & then antibiotics will be prescribed accordingly.

This will cure the infection.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

No, thank you for your answer

Dear customer

Thank you for the words of appreciation & for using just answer website.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards
Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor