OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

DOES smoking marijuana to relieve seveer morning-sickness…

Customer Question
Second opinion] DOES smoking...

Second opinion] DOES smoking marijuana to relieve seveer morning-sickness cause harm to the fetus 1st -2nd trimester?

Doctor's Assistant: When was your last pap smear? Have you ever had an irregular pap?

I"M concerned about a CLOSE family friend who's been encouraged by her by her peers

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

What about secondhsnd smoke (by a HEAVY USER after the baby's born?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: OB GYN
1/15/2018
OB GYN Doctor: MD doc, Doctor replied 4 months ago
MD doc
MD doc, Doctor

Hi

Welcome to just answer

use of marijuana is a big controversy for cure of morning sickness in pregnant women. As of today the American Medical Association does not recommend marijuana to be used safely in pregnant and lactating women. The reason for this is that studies have shown use of marijuana during pregnancy can result in childhood attention problems, low birth weight, premature birth and behavioural issues in children. So, keeping the harmful effects in mind, it is not a safe option.

Hope this information is helpful

Regards

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further. And please take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. If you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too!

Cheers

MD doc
MD doc
MD doc, Doctor