OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I had my daughter 3rd November. Started the birth control…

Customer Question
I had my daughter...

I had my daughter 3rd November. Started the birth control pill 3 weeks later (same one i had for 2 years before stopping to try for a baby) this is the second month i have taken it. Had my normal period at right time the week before christmas, then i had it again o 4th january and now i ave just started bleeding again. Im taking the pill at the same time every day and im not supposed to have a period again until i finish this pack of the pill - what is going on?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

No, but i remember all the dates exactly

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

It has been 2 years since i have taken this pill ( i had my son first then 5 months after him fell pregant with my daughter)

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: OB GYN
1/14/2018
OB GYN Doctor: Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar

Hello, and thank you for your question.

I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

May I know if you are breastfeeding?

Are you on any other medicine ?

No im not breastfeeding and take no medication
The pill i take is mycrogynon and i have suspected ppd. Could this be the cause? Im so worried

Thank you for your reply.

It takes about 6 12 weeks for hormonal levels to stabilize and come back to the normal levels after childbirth. during this time, irregular bleeding, heavy or light bleeding during the periods is normal.

A birth control pill should generally help to stabilize the hormones earlier . But may not always do so, especially if the low dose birth control pills.

Microgynon is a low dose BC pill - meaning that it has a low dose of estrogen at 30 microgram. You will need to shift to a BC pill with higher estrogen in the range of 35 microgram.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.

I hope this helped. Let me know if you need more information.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you.

Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor